Approved Timber Release Plans
VicForests Timber Release Plan January 2017
*The updated January 2018 Timber Release Plan is currently under review and will soon be available upon approval.
VicForests Approved Timber Release Plan (Jan 2017) - please click here
Approval and Gazettal of updated Timber Release Plan - 5 January 2017
VicForests' amended Timber Release Plan has been approved by the VicForests Board and gazetted (on page 25) - http://www.gazette.vic.gov.au/gazette/Gazettes2017/GG2017G001.pdf
Thank you to everybody who made submissions regarding the proposed amendments during the recent consultation period.
Timber Release Plan - Interactive Map
Interactive online map - Click on the below image of the map to view VicForests' areas of operations and the coupes currently listed on the Approved Timber Release Plan (Note: the use of Firefox or Google Chrome is recommended when viewing the Interactive Map)
A Guide has been developed to assist with use of the Interactive Timber Release Plan Map - please click here to access the Guide
Transitioning to interactive maps in January 2018
VicForests will be transitioning from providing both static maps and the interactive map, to only providing the interactive map from 12 January 2018. Static maps will still be available upon request if you have trouble using the interactive map.
Latest Maps - Current Approved TRP
Central Gippsland FMA
East Gippsland FMA
|Bendoc||Nowa Nowa (South)|
|Cann River (East)||Orbost (East)|
|Cann River (West)||Orbost (West)|
|Nowa Nowa (North)|
North East FMA
|Bright (North)||Tallangata (North)|
|Bright (South)||Tallangata (South)|
Understanding the TRP Maps and Schedules
The Timber Release Plan Maps and Schedules display all coupes on the approved TRP irrespective of their harvesting status. Coupes may be at different stages of the harvesting cycle with some areas already harvested and others yet to be harvested.
- The ‘gross’ area of a coupe within which harvesting may take place (please refer to the Schedule for the estimated ‘Nett Area’ expected to be harvested at each coupe location)
- Areas within which coupe driveways and road lines will be constructed
- Forest management zones, major forest roads and towns
Note: Maps are displayed by forest management district. Therefore, it is important to consider all maps, particularly where your area of interest may border a number of districts.
The TRP schedules (tables) display:
- The coupe number (forest block, compartment and coupe reference) and district
- The estimated nett area, which is the area that VicForests estimate it will harvest within the gross area
- The operation type, including clear felling, seed tree, thinning or roading
- Forest Stand description, which is the predominant stand type of either Ash or Mixed Species.
Note: A number of coupes will also remain unharvested at the end of the TRP period. Any display of harvest year on any maps or schedules is only indicative and may be altered within the TRP period.